Named by several well-to-do Atlanta businessmen who enjoyed their annual fishing trips to Citrus County so much that they decided they needed their own fishing lodge. George S. Lowndes is recorded as the “father” of this distinctive club. By 1904, the private club had been officially chartered with two dozen members. Located in Homosassa next door to what is today the popular K.C. Crump restaurant.