Holder 1947 Postmistress Mae Jennings Martin Edward
With a resident population of 50 plus 1,000 newcomers employed by the phosphate mines, the town of Hartsborn received approval for a post office on November 30, 1895. Two years later, the community was renamed to Cordeal. Finally, on May 17, 1901, the name Holder was officially adopted. Although the post office has been housed in several different buildings, on January 20, 1947, postmistress Mae Jennings was photographed in front of what was then the Holder post office.